What is the Skills Development Fund (SDF)?
The Skills Development Fund serves businesses seeking to either train new employees or enhance the skills of current ones. Eligible applicants include public community colleges or technical colleges. The program’s objective is to elevate both the skill levels and wages of the Texas workforce.
Skills Development Fund (SDF) Program Overview
- Public community and technical colleges
- Texas Engineering Extension Service (TEEX)
- Community-based organizations partnered with a community or technical college or TEEX
Employer Engagement and Community Outreach (EECO) Team:
- Our dedicated team of professionals, known as the Employer Engagement and Community Outreach (EECO) team, specializes in project and proposal development.
- EECO specialists collaborate with employers, colleges, local workforce development boards, economic development partners, and business stakeholders to tailor training solutions to meet business needs.
- Additionally, they facilitate connections to other Workforce Solutions Coastal Bend services to maximize workforce development opportunities.
For more information on leveraging Skills Development Fund training, please reach out to one of our career centers.